We can hardly believe that 2017 will be our fifth festival. From the early stages of planning we were determined to make this our best year yet (and we had such fun with our fabulous speakers over the last four years this was not an easy task!) We hope you’ll all agree that this year’s programme is rather special. Tickets go on general sale this Friday so we thought we would draw your attention to a few fiction highlights that are likely to sell out in the blink of an eye…
Already on sale we have…
- Thriller writer and former Director General of MI5 Stella Rimington talking about her latest novel in the Liz Carlyle series, Breaking Cover.
- Author of Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and a host of other well-loved novels Louis de Bernières who will also be treating us to a performance of his own songs!
We’re also delighted to be welcoming…
- Tracy Chevalier author of nine novels including the international bestseller Girl with a Pearl Earring.
- Award-winning, highly-acclaimed novelist A.L. Kennedy.
- Author of the recently televised bestselling novel Apple Tree Yard, Louise Doughty, talking about her new book Black Water.
We’re delighted to be welcoming back…
- Popular historical fiction novelist Alison Weir to talk about Anne Boleyn: A King’s Obsession.
- Our festival patron, novelist and now playwright, Esther Freud.
You may also be interested in snapping up tickets to see Terry Waite who is talking about his poetry collection and the highs and lows of his life. And these are only the tip of the iceberg – we have so many more fabulous events for you to choose from!
All tickets are on sale from tomorrow from our website.
Hannah and the Festival Team